Thursday, January 31, 2013

A word from Rita

Go…

by Rita Sullivan - "co-Captain" of the Create in Christ team

Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age,"  Matthew 28:18 -19 (The New Living Translation). 

These Bible verses are referred to as the Great Commission. I’d like to share the one word message I see my best friend ~ Jesus ~ saying to us, His disciples. “Go,” is what Jesus told his disciples to do. He does give further instructions, but only after they “Go.” In addition, I see three key points in these two verses of scripture: 

  1. Jesus has all authority in heaven and on earth; 
  2. Go; and, 
  3. Jesus is with you [us] always, even to the end of the age. 

As we “Go,” Jesus not only has us covered with His authority, but also backs us up by His very person. It just doesn’t get any better than this.  So let’s Go. But where? To all nations to share the good news of Jesus Christ. 

We have missionaries around the world and we also have — Etsy. Etsy? Yes, the big wide world of Etsy. Why stop with Etsy? Let’s GO to Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest. Let’s also remember to GO to our team blog. Let’s continue to GO and lift Christ up through our individual Etsy shops and collectively as His team! God promised us that if Christ be lifted up, He’d draw all peoples to Himself. 

Just a few examples of God’s drawing others to Himself: A team member wrote to me after receiving my personal invitation to join His team. The member shared, Just when I was feeling discouraged about Etsy and how it works, I got this message from you, Praise God for his nudges!!

Our team blog also lifts up Christ and God is drawing others from all over the world to view, read, to be encouraged and inspired through the blog posts. Blog readers may or may not be affiliated with Etsy, but daily blog readers include:

  • United States, 98 
  • United Kingdom, 13 
  • Russia, 9 
  • Germany, 4 
  • Romania, 4 
  • Australia, 3 
  • Canada, 3 
  • South Africa, 3 
  • France, 1 
  • Netherlands, 1 

His Team ~ His Members as He is the Head Captain of His Create In Christ team. I am a co-captain. I’m not one to get caught up in the “numbers.” However, I am in awe when I think about how quickly the Lord is growing His team, His blog readership, His Pinterest/Repins and His Facebook in just 70 days (1/29/13). Why is He doing this so quickly? I believe it is because we, His disciples, have done what He has asked us to do in one 2-letter word: Go…. 

"A Word from Rita" will be a regular monthly feature on the CIC Team blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment