Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday devotion: There is Good Out There


There is good out there

Written by Terry, LuLusVarietyShop

I had two sales and wanted to make it to the post office to mail them as we had a warning for a major snow storm. When I went out and cleaned off the car there was about two inches.
I thought, "Okay, I can do this."

It looked a little frosty with the snow falling and the wind drifting the snow around.

After starting out and making the first turn onto the main road fear rushed in. Visability was so poor! I stayed in second gear for the most part - around 10 -15 m.p.h. - and started to pray to make it there and back home. I told myself that I should have just stayed home.

I arrived safely - with one slide but got control again - and parked in front of the post office. I opened my door and my feet hit the icy pavement. I could not get a footing so I was unable to get out of the car.

I saw a young woman heading for her car right in front of me and I called to her. She came over and I asked if she could please go back into the post office and mail my packages for me as I could not stand up because of the ice. She did so without hesitation.

It is so wonderful to know that there is good out there. That there is someone willing to help someone else they have never meant. She had to battle the icy roadway, go through the blowing snow and climb back up the icy steps. She did it for me, a stranger.

I believe that she was there for me; that God had answered my prayer as I did go and return in safety. He also placed an angel at the post office to help.

Do you have a story like this? Has God done something for you that you would like to share with the team? Convo me through my shop and we'll share it on the blog. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment