Monday, January 28, 2013

Love for grandmother inspires designer's creations

Happy Monday, everyone! Today we're visiting with Joy Galeany of Winterville, North Carolina. Joy owns Joywelry2Love  on Etsy. Joy makes original jewelry and crochet designs. She opened her shop in August, 2011.

How did you find Etsy? 

I came across Etsy one day as I was reading through ELLE magazine. Etsy caught my attention once I realized there is a community of artists who would like to share their art through a small business. I was intrigued by that idea because, since I was young, I've had a passion for inventing crochet designs. Turning that passion into a small business was a plan I would not want to let up. 

When you began creating how did it enrich your life?  Do you recall the inspiration for your first creation? 


Joywelry2Love
When I was 7-years-old, my grandma taught me how to crochet. Her creativity and talent were phenomenal and I wanted to be as good as her by creating new designs and homemade jewelry for her. Since then, I've found crocheting, jewelry an enduring hobby, profusely fun, and almost meditative.

Where can members find your creating on other social media venues? Facebook? Pinterest? Twitter? Wanelo? 


Members can find my creations on both Facebook and Pinterest so far. 

What areas would you like to learn more about here on Etsy, such as photography, writing description and listing titles, etc? 


I would like to learn more about enhancing listing titles, photography and writing descriptions to help maximize the means of gaining a bigger audience.




Joywelry2Love
Joywelry2Love
Joywelry2Love
Joywelry2Love

 

No comments:

Post a Comment